Miniature Showcase

WARHAMMER WOLVES

This was my first time painting Warhammer miniatures for a new client. The color scheme for this set was a camo look with bronze and fluorescent green accents. I had to put together the pieces and then glue them together. I know many prefer to paint the pieces individually, but I think it’s better to paint the completely glued miniature first.

The leader for this army was Ragnok. I just painted him with a different color scheme. This is the completely glued together miniature. I then used a grey primer to paint cover the miniature.

I started off with a brown base for the camo color. I covered the entire mech suit, leaving the jewelry, cape and weapons intact. This made it look like there was a layer of mud underneath the camo colors.

I painted the cape in black. The furry parts were painted but I left the bottom of the cape for a different color. I also painted the wolf head on the shoulder in black to match the fur on the cape.

After painting on the brown base coat I added a dry brush of green. With enough, it started to look more and more like a camouflage. I also added a splotches of the green in greater concentration in some areas to add to the effect.

For the cape, I added a grey dry brush. Then I painted the bottom of the cape in a light brown to resemble the skin of the wolf it was taken from. The head was given the same grey dry brushing effect.

I painted the face next. I used a fair skin color and blue for the eyes. I also used a deep red for the hair. This was in honor of the client. He has similar looks and I wanted to connect them in some way.

I painted the weaponry in a deep brass color. Then I added fluorescent green accents on the weapons and armor. The jewelry is also painted in the same bronze coloring. I also added a black hair band on the red hair to add contrast to the colors.

This is a front shot of the miniature. I added bronze accents all over the armor to pair with the fluorescent green and give it more pop. The tips of the shoes and even the buttons on the pouches are all bronze.

For the base I used Astro Granite for most of the bottom of the base. I painted the protruding metal a bright silver. It makes the metal look like it is buried amongst the rubble of ruins. Very fitting for a fight.

So that the cape wouldn’t look too new I added an earth wash to the skin portion of the cape to make it look worn and a bit dirty. I also added a bone color to the claws of the wolf cape that are still on the cape.

With the miniature painted all I had to do was complete the rest of the army. When the client saw it, he was super happy so I can say it was a job well done. The others were painted in a similar way just a bit more simple.

Have any questions or comments? Message below or find me on Twitter @DnDWifeStories and on Instagram @dndwife. I would love to hear from you!

Published by dndwife

My husband and I run a dungeons and dragons table together and I write about our crazy adventures both in and out of the story. My husband DM's and I am the table artist. I paint minis for everyone at the table and provide crafted gifts like dice boxes, bags, and artwork.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: